Grilled Lemongrass Chicken
Ang Sach Moun Kroeung
The go to dish for those who love lemongrass. This flavorful chicken is wonderful with fresh chilled pickled veggies and steamed rice. Simple and delicious, perfect for summer time outdoor grilling or warming up your kitchen with winter time broiling.
Total: About 1 hour (10 min prep)
Style: Authentic Cambodian
Yield: 4 servings
3.5 ounces Angkor Lemongrass Paste
2 pounds chicken thighs; skin-on, bone-in*
1 T cooking oil
1 T oyster sauce
* for boneless, skinless thighs use 2½ pounds
In medium bowl, mix lemongrass paste, oyster sauce and oil, set aside. Trim excess fat from chicken and score the thick part of the meat through the skin. Rub the paste on chicken, ensure paste is inside the scored openings, let marinate for at least 2 hours.
Ensure the meat is at room temperature before cooking.
Cooking in oven:
1. Pour ½ cup of water into a baking dish, line dish with aluminum foil and place rack over foil.
2. Place baking dish and rack in oven (middle rack), heat oven to 425ºF
3. Once oven has reached cooking temp; remove backing dish and place chicken on the hot rack, skin side up
4. Switch oven to broil at 425ºF, and broil each side 12-15 minutes, until meat is perfectly golden.
5. Switch oven to bake at 425ºF, loosely cover meat with aluminum foil and cook for 15 minutes until thick part of meat is at least 165ºF.